CESTEMER addresses such practical questions as:
- Inclusion: How do we create an inclusive, diverse, open and collaborative community of STEM practitioners?
- Communication and Outreach: How do we talk to one another, people outside of our discipline, or those not in STEM careers?
- Education and Professional Development: How does performance and STEAM affect learning content and developing professional identity?
- Group Dynamics and Creativity: What interactions and social make up are needed for innovative research?
- Cross and Multidisciplinary: How does performance foster cross-disciplinary approaches and understanding?
- Seed innovative collaborations across disciplines
- Learn successful approaches to developing a diverse (women, underrepresented minorities, 1st generation) STEM professionals
- Share and learn performance-based educational and science research practices.
- Develop skills mentoring, building inclusive environments, leading groups and communicating science.
The format is highly interactive: speakers, hands on sessions, open spaces, and a poster/share fair.
More information, here.
I have been describing it as a highly interactive conference that involves all participants in finding new ways to build/foster collaborative groups within STEM ed and research.
The diverse workshop offerings and diverse individuals with interest to extend their knowledge using the tools shared.
I had not anticipated having as much fun as I did. (Duh.)